Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanks are for giving.

I am thankful for my husband.  I am not a perfect person, and oftentimes our weaknesses are so different that it makes it difficult to be anything but frustrated with the other.  Luckily he overlooks my faults and loves me in spite of some of my more infuriating tendencies.  He brings to my life a perspective that I would never see without him.  I am so blessed to have him in my life.

I am thankful for my parents.  That they continue to parent me even though I am pretty much old enough to be a parent myself.  They just keep teaching and guiding and investing in me and in my success.  I do not underestimate how lucky I am to have them both still with me.

I am thankful for my sisters and my brother.  All having the courage to go out into the world everyday and live their dreams.  Of course, they have always looked up to me as the awesomest big sister ever, but I hope they know how much I learn from and admire them too.  It is always considered one of the best compliments to say that friends are "like family" but to me it seems an even greater gift is family who are "like friends."  I have the best ones.

I am thankful for my furry four legged babies. For countless happy memories of Stitch. For Elliott's sensitive and cranky little soul. For Simon's snuggly self, and Compass' never-ending enthusiasm and affection. They enrich my life in ways that I never imagined and make every day a better day.

I am thankful for so many wonderful friends. Old friends who remind me of who I've been and new friends who help me figure out where I'm going.  All who help me to become the person I was born to be.  While having so very much fun along the way.

I am thankful for a job that I love and that I work with people that I admire and respect. It is hard to imagine that selling bbq for a living would change my life in the most amazing ways. I am thankful also for A's new job, that he found it quickly and it been such a great fit. I am, of course, thankful for our financial security.

I am thankful for my health. That my body is strong enough to carry me towards my goals. I know this is not something to take for granted.

I am thankful that I continue to grow and become a better person.  That I still face new challenges.  That I am still learning new things about myself and the world around me.  That I remain optimistic and hopeful (most of the time).

I am thankful for all the joy in the past year. So many wonderful memories with family and friends. So many accomplishments to be proud of.

I am thankful for the promise of the coming year and all that it will bring us. I am thankful that no matter what happens, I know that a year from now I will sit here again with too many blessings to count.



No comments:

Post a Comment