Thursday, October 21, 2010

I'm Not a Witch Either.

If you had to tell the world one thing about you, what would it be?

Christine O'Donnell paid hundreds of thousands of dollars on an ad campaign to do just that.  What did she have to say?  Check it out for yourself.

I'm not a witch.

Really?  I mean, REALLY?  I'm not a witch?  One thing you'd like to tell Delaware voters and that's what you pick?  That's the best you've got?!

I'm nothing you've heard.

Now this part really gets me.  You're NOTHING I've heard?!  Am I the only one who understands the implied logic here?  If you're NOTHING I've heard, then you must be assuming that I've heard only horrible things about you.  Do you actually believe that the general opinion about you is that awful?  IS the general opinion about you THAT BAD?!?!  I mean - WHOA.

None of us are perfect.

Um, okay.  I'll take that I'm not perfect and you - well, I mean.  Yeah, we'll agree on that one.

None of us can be happy about what we see around us.

Well, if we include this ad then we can pretty much agree on that too.

I'd go to Washington and do what you'd do.

You know what I'd do in Washington?  I'd wander around like a tourist with no freaking clue what's going on.  I'd go out and get wasted and probably wake up wondering how the hell I got there in the first place.  So again, I mean - I can't really argue except she gets to save a buck by skipping the booze.

I'm you.

No, Christine.  No, you're not.  You're not me at all.  I guess we're both not witches, and I guess we both have vaginas, although we seem to substantially disagree on what to do with them (seriously, what good is having one if you don't have fun with it!)   I don't believe you can "hug out the gay" (although I do love to hug the gays).  I do believe in the hard scientific evidence that monkeys are our cousins (in fact, I think I have a cousin that only made it 3/4 of the way).  Although I am not a constitutionalist as you are, I do know that the first amendment dictates the separation of church and state.   You know, Christine, I'll even give you that I've done and said some stupid shit, too, but I've genuinely tried not to do it while being filmed.  I'm not you.  We don't share a single political viewpoint, and more than that, I'm a well-educated and articulate woman who can not only form coherent and logical opinions but express them clearly.

And BTW, Christine- I take back what I said about us both not being witches.  I guess I'll have to carry that flag alone as well.


PS - This post is full of links - please mouse over the text for the hyperlinks.  I wish they appeared in a different color and there is probably a way to do it but I don't know how.  Don't miss her actual ad and in the final paragraph there are four links and a final one where she speaks directly about her "dabbling."

No comments:

Post a Comment