Monday, September 13, 2010

September Grass

Do you see those ants
dancing on a blade of grass?

Do you know what I know
that's you and me baby, yes it is.

We're so small and the world's so vast
we found each other down in the grass.


- James Taylor, September Grass






This song - this time of year - it takes me back. Eight years ago. I was in the middle of breaking up with a boy I had loved for years. I was dating another. And then another after that. Going back and forth between two, then three.

And then I met my husband.

It wasn't all rainbows and unicorns from that point forward, we had a lot of work between that day and any happily ever after. But when the leaves start to turn, I listen to James Taylor - as I had been during those first weeks and I think back- it was the start of everything, and I had no idea of what was ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment